Area residents encouraged to safely DUMP medications
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Summit County Health District, in collaboration with local community partners, has established a pharmaceutical disposal program called “Dispose of Unused Medicines Properly” — or DUMP — for residents to safely dispose of their unused medicines.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of unused medication in one of 12 collection containers throughout the county, including the New Franklin Police Department, 5611 Manchester Road, and the Akron Police Department, 217 S. High St.
Pills, capsules or liquid medications will be accepted at the containers. Syringes will not be accepted. Residents can call 330-926-5600 for further information on syringe disposal.
Medications should be kept in the original container with the person’s name and address marked out. No questions will be asked, and the medications will be safely destroyed, according to department officials.
For more information, visit www.schd.org or call Brooke Semonin at 330-926-5659 or Terry Tuttle at 330-926-5630.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014