Area residents encouraged to safely DUMP medications
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Summit County Health District, in collaboration with local community partners, has established a pharmaceutical disposal program called “Dispose of Unused Medicines Properly” — or DUMP — for residents to safely dispose of their unused medicines.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of unused medication in one of 12 collection containers throughout the county, including the New Franklin Police Department, 5611 Manchester Road, and the Akron Police Department, 217 S. High St.
Pills, capsules or liquid medications will be accepted at the containers. Syringes will not be accepted. Residents can call 330-926-5600 for further information on syringe disposal.
Medications should be kept in the original container with the person’s name and address marked out. No questions will be asked, and the medications will be safely destroyed, according to department officials.
For more information, visit www.schd.org or call Brooke Semonin at 330-926-5659 or Terry Tuttle at 330-926-5630.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014