Area residents encouraged to safely DUMP medications
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Summit County Health District, in collaboration with local community partners, has established a pharmaceutical disposal program called “Dispose of Unused Medicines Properly” — or DUMP — for residents to safely dispose of their unused medicines.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of unused medication in one of 12 collection containers throughout the county, including the New Franklin Police Department, 5611 Manchester Road, and the Akron Police Department, 217 S. High St.
Pills, capsules or liquid medications will be accepted at the containers. Syringes will not be accepted. Residents can call 330-926-5600 for further information on syringe disposal.
Medications should be kept in the original container with the person’s name and address marked out. No questions will be asked, and the medications will be safely destroyed, according to department officials.
For more information, visit www.schd.org or call Brooke Semonin at 330-926-5659 or Terry Tuttle at 330-926-5630.
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- Akron Craft Beer Festival - 10/9/2015
- Tony Toni Tone - 10/9/2015
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” - 10/10/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 10/10/2015
- Fall Family Outing - 10/10/2015