Area residents encouraged to safely DUMP medications
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Summit County Health District, in collaboration with local community partners, has established a pharmaceutical disposal program called “Dispose of Unused Medicines Properly” — or DUMP — for residents to safely dispose of their unused medicines.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of unused medication in one of 12 collection containers throughout the county, including the New Franklin Police Department, 5611 Manchester Road, and the Akron Police Department, 217 S. High St.
Pills, capsules or liquid medications will be accepted at the containers. Syringes will not be accepted. Residents can call 330-926-5600 for further information on syringe disposal.
Medications should be kept in the original container with the person’s name and address marked out. No questions will be asked, and the medications will be safely destroyed, according to department officials.
For more information, visit www.schd.org or call Brooke Semonin at 330-926-5659 or Terry Tuttle at 330-926-5630.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016