Area residents encouraged to safely DUMP medications
SUMMIT COUNTY — The Summit County Health District, in collaboration with local community partners, has established a pharmaceutical disposal program called “Dispose of Unused Medicines Properly” — or DUMP — for residents to safely dispose of their unused medicines.
Residents are encouraged to dispose of unused medication in one of 12 collection containers throughout the county, including the New Franklin Police Department, 5611 Manchester Road, and the Akron Police Department, 217 S. High St.
Pills, capsules or liquid medications will be accepted at the containers. Syringes will not be accepted. Residents can call 330-926-5600 for further information on syringe disposal.
Medications should be kept in the original container with the person’s name and address marked out. No questions will be asked, and the medications will be safely destroyed, according to department officials.
For more information, visit www.schd.org or call Brooke Semonin at 330-926-5659 or Terry Tuttle at 330-926-5630.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014