Fairlawn police investigating shots fired at busy intersection
FAIRLAWN — Fairlawn Police Department officials are investigating a report of shots fired at the intersection of Ridgewood and Miller roads Sept. 16 at about 3:15 p.m.
Sgt. Randy Bartlett said a witness called police to report a black male in a silver car stopped near the intersection going southbound on Miller Road and got out of his vehicle and approached a black vehicle also stopped at a traffic light and heading southbound on Miller Road. The first driver then fired four to five shots using a handgun into the black car.
Bartlett said that witnesses reported the black vehicle drove off, turning west onto Ridgewood Road, and the silver vehicle fled in an unknown direction. No bystanders were injured during the incident. He added that police found four shell casings on the ground in the area of the shooting.
Bartlett said they do not know the identity of those involved in the shooting and there have been no reports of individuals seeking medical treatment for a gunshot wound.
Any witnesses with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Bartlett at 330-670-4309.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017