Hattie Larlham unveils renovated home in New Franklin
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
The home is for adults with developmental disabilities and promotes independence, responsibility and socialization, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Some of the enhancements to the home include adding a fourth bedroom and building a new wheelchair-accessible ramp inside the garage, which was originally outside, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Hattie Larlham also updated the deck on the back of the house, making it more user friendly for the home’s residents with developmental disabilities.
Residents assisted with tours, showing guests what they liked most about the newly renovated home, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
Shown at left, from left, at the event are: resident Eli D.; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; resident Joe S.; Charles Spain, a member of the Hattie Larlham Board of Directors; Dennis Allen, CEO of Hattie Larlham; and resident John S.
Funding for the newly renovated home was provided by the Summit County Department of Community and Economic Development and was funded in part with HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Garden Bucket List - 3/8/2014
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/8/2014
- Ballroom Dancing - 3/8/2014
- Boy Scouts Troop No. 304 Pancake Breakfast - 3/8/2014
- Louie Bluie Legacy Band featuring Ralphe Armstrong - 3/8/2014