Hattie Larlham unveils renovated home in New Franklin
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
The home is for adults with developmental disabilities and promotes independence, responsibility and socialization, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Some of the enhancements to the home include adding a fourth bedroom and building a new wheelchair-accessible ramp inside the garage, which was originally outside, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Hattie Larlham also updated the deck on the back of the house, making it more user friendly for the home’s residents with developmental disabilities.
Residents assisted with tours, showing guests what they liked most about the newly renovated home, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
Shown at left, from left, at the event are: resident Eli D.; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; resident Joe S.; Charles Spain, a member of the Hattie Larlham Board of Directors; Dennis Allen, CEO of Hattie Larlham; and resident John S.
Funding for the newly renovated home was provided by the Summit County Department of Community and Economic Development and was funded in part with HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- Branching out: U.S. Vital Records and Obituaries - 8/2/2014
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/2/2014