Hattie Larlham unveils renovated home in New Franklin
|Photo courtesy of Hattie Larlham|
The home is for adults with developmental disabilities and promotes independence, responsibility and socialization, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Some of the enhancements to the home include adding a fourth bedroom and building a new wheelchair-accessible ramp inside the garage, which was originally outside, according to Hattie Larlham officials. Hattie Larlham also updated the deck on the back of the house, making it more user friendly for the home’s residents with developmental disabilities.
Residents assisted with tours, showing guests what they liked most about the newly renovated home, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
Shown at left, from left, at the event are: resident Eli D.; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; resident Joe S.; Charles Spain, a member of the Hattie Larlham Board of Directors; Dennis Allen, CEO of Hattie Larlham; and resident John S.
Funding for the newly renovated home was provided by the Summit County Department of Community and Economic Development and was funded in part with HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, according to Hattie Larlham officials.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- “Ride” - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014