Cool talents on display at UA Ice Festival
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
UA alumnus Aaron Costic, who has won Olympic gold for ice carving and is the owner of Elegant Ice Creations, is shown at right top as he sits on a throne of ice at the outdoor event. Costic’s company donated the huge blocks of ice for the event, according to UA officials.
Pictured at right bottom is Caleb Landis, a student in the Hospitality Management program, as he works on his peacock sculpture. Landis, president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, won first place in the student competition for the entry.
Dan Johnson, a UA alumnus, is pictured above as he works on his sculpture, which came in third.
Inside the Student Union, other UA culinary arts students competed in vegetable carving events and also made creations out of salt dough.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Taste It and Make It Food Preparation Series - 9/3/2015
- “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” - 9/3/2015
- Hooked on Books: “My Antonia” by Willa Cather - 9/3/2015
- Small Footprint: Getting Started - 9/3/2015
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015