Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Don Ostapowicz|
For his Eagle project, Jackson, 15, shown above right, supervised his fellow Scouts in creating a flower and vegetable garden for the Salvation Army facility on South Maple Street in West Akron. The garden is used for youth programs.
Jackson started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop.
A sophomore at Copley High School, Jackson is a member of the football team and is a former member of the marching band, where he was a percussionist.
Jackson attends Grace Church in Bath and is involved with the Young Life youth group. Last summer, he attended a Christian retreat in Colorado.
His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Jackson is the third Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brothers, Peter, a 2011 graduate of Copley High School, and Kevin, who is a senior at Copley.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014