Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Don Ostapowicz|
For his Eagle project, Jackson, 15, shown above right, supervised his fellow Scouts in creating a flower and vegetable garden for the Salvation Army facility on South Maple Street in West Akron. The garden is used for youth programs.
Jackson started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop.
A sophomore at Copley High School, Jackson is a member of the football team and is a former member of the marching band, where he was a percussionist.
Jackson attends Grace Church in Bath and is involved with the Young Life youth group. Last summer, he attended a Christian retreat in Colorado.
His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Jackson is the third Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brothers, Peter, a 2011 graduate of Copley High School, and Kevin, who is a senior at Copley.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- “Ride” - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014