Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Don Ostapowicz|
For his Eagle project, Jackson, 15, shown above right, supervised his fellow Scouts in creating a flower and vegetable garden for the Salvation Army facility on South Maple Street in West Akron. The garden is used for youth programs.
Jackson started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop.
A sophomore at Copley High School, Jackson is a member of the football team and is a former member of the marching band, where he was a percussionist.
Jackson attends Grace Church in Bath and is involved with the Young Life youth group. Last summer, he attended a Christian retreat in Colorado.
His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Jackson is the third Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brothers, Peter, a 2011 graduate of Copley High School, and Kevin, who is a senior at Copley.
More Community News
- Akron Council hears campaign limit concerns
- Litchfield students tops at robotics event
- Summit County to get neighbors’ surplus
- Buchtel community solving problems together
- Re-entry program offers work for newly released
- Annual budget process underway in Fairlawn
- Bath trustees approve items related to construction projects
- Boston trustees discuss water options
- Trustees support new drugstore site
- Thanksgiving Day race benefiting homeless, hungry
- Corathers named Veteran of the Year
- Corbin Foundation awards grants
- Case Ambassadors help in school, community
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend to speak at ACF event
- Local ceremony honors veterans
- Programs for bereaved available
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Thanksgiving Story Time: for ages 2-5 - 11/20/2014
- “Maleficent" - 11/20/2014
- Doug DuBois - 11/20/2014
- Highland Book Club: “The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry,” by Gabrielle Zevin - 11/20/2014
- Tales for Tots - 11/20/2014