Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Don Ostapowicz|
For his Eagle project, Jackson, 15, shown above right, supervised his fellow Scouts in creating a flower and vegetable garden for the Salvation Army facility on South Maple Street in West Akron. The garden is used for youth programs.
Jackson started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop.
A sophomore at Copley High School, Jackson is a member of the football team and is a former member of the marching band, where he was a percussionist.
Jackson attends Grace Church in Bath and is involved with the Young Life youth group. Last summer, he attended a Christian retreat in Colorado.
His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Jackson is the third Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brothers, Peter, a 2011 graduate of Copley High School, and Kevin, who is a senior at Copley.
More Community News
- West Market site to include fourth building
- BioBlitz deemed success at national park
- Sheriff’s Office providing aid during RNC
- Memorial Day parades, ceremonies planned
- West Side News & Notes
- Mitzvah Day volunteers take on projects
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Falls may extend agreements for Menards
- Norton Council considers cell tower lease agreement
- Granger trustees discuss fiscal matters
- Richfield Council hopes charity continues
- Crowell Hilaka lake to be assessed
- Copley police sergeants promoted
Calendar of Events
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Patrick Woods - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” - 5/26/2016
- Adult Ballet: Beginners class - 5/26/2016