Akron Children’s Hospital seeking Change Bandits
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Akron Children’s Hospital is seeking Change Bandits to support the 15th annual Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon presented by 98.1 WKDD, which will air Feb. 13-15.
The Change Bandits campaign is a grassroots fundraising effort designed to turn spare change into miracles for children treated at Akron Children’s Hospital, according to hospital officials. Serving as a Change Bandit also allows participants the opportunity to raise money for the hospital and turn in their donations on air, according to hospital officials.
“The Change Bandit campaign is unique because it gives people a way to participate for their own reasons,” said Nicci Avalon, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals program manager at Akron Children’s Hospital. “We receive great support. Whether it’s former patients and their families saying thank you for the care they received, or schools and organizations supporting our patients, these Change Bandits help us provide our patients with the best care.”
Prizes will be awarded to the top Change Bandits in five categories: individuals, schools/organizations, small companies (less than 100 employees), large companies (more than 100 employees) and hospital departments, according to hospital officials.
Individual Change Bandits are given a fundraising goal of $100, which can purchase 575 diapers or 100 pacifiers. Change Bandit groups are given a fundraising goal of $250, which can purchase 8,300 bandages or 2,735 children’s toothbrushes, according to hospital officials.
In 15 years, nearly 6,000 Change Bandits have donated more than $2.2 million during the radiothon, according to hospital officials. To date, the radiothon has raised more than $8.3 million for the patients at Akron Children’s Hospital, officials added.
Anyone interested in becoming a Change Bandit can register by visiting www.akronchildrens.org, clicking on “Events” at the bottom and then Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon listed under the Feb. 13 date, or fax a name, address and phone number to the Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation at 330-543-4335. Change Bandit fundraising kits will be mailed to participants.
More Community News
- Mayor focuses on health care, environment
- Mustill Store opens for new season
- Norton voters to decide charter amendments
- Sheriff’s deputies receiving raises
- Council president refuses to mix with EACH investigation
- Fairlawn City Council OKs new deal with city’s police officers
- Richfield Village chief thanks employees for outfitting cruisers
- Trustees discuss concerns over crusher
- Bath approves new recycling agreement
- Copley looking for new bids for Community Center demolition
- Financial literacy classes offered
- Girls Scouts using grant for community service project
- GCEF awards funds for local Gay Games projects
- West Side News & Notes
- Development to offer luxury apartments
- Green seniors enjoy annual social
- Manchester district seeking renewal of levy
- New Franklin finance director now full time
- Sheriff’s deputies to receive raises
- South Side News & Notes
- Spring cleaning on tap for Lakemore
- Coventry school board places extended levy renewal on ballot
- Nimisila Reservoir Spring Cleanup coming
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 4/16/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/16/2014
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 4/17/2014