Council OKs rezoning on South Cleveland-Massillon Road
Norton City Council members unanimously approved an ordinance to rezone property located on South Cleveland-Massillon Road at the March 24 meeting.
The property, which was zoned I-1 (Light Industrial), will now become a R-1 (Residential).
Before voting on the ordinance, a public hearing was held. Property owner Jesse Micine said the property has been in his family for generations and formerly was the site of the family business. It is now vacant, and he and his wife would like to build a home on the property, if the rezoning was approved.
No one spoke against the rezoning during the public hearing.
City Council also approved an ordinance to amend the appropriations for the current expenses of the city for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, as well as an ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a letter of agreement with the state Auditor’s Office to provide auditing services to the city.
In other business, Council:
- heard a first reading of a resolution urging Ohio voters to support State Issue No. 1 on the May 6 ballot. It is a renewal of the State Capital Improvements Program. If the renewal passes, Norton would be eligible to receive money from this program, according to city officials; and
- heard a first reading on an ordinance to amend certain sections of Chapter 856 of the Codified Ordinances in regards to skill-based amusement arcades.
Council next will meet for a work session April 7 and for its regular meeting April 14, both at 7 p.m., in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- Branching out: U.S. Vital Records and Obituaries - 8/2/2014
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/2/2014