Council OKs rezoning on South Cleveland-Massillon Road
Norton City Council members unanimously approved an ordinance to rezone property located on South Cleveland-Massillon Road at the March 24 meeting.
The property, which was zoned I-1 (Light Industrial), will now become a R-1 (Residential).
Before voting on the ordinance, a public hearing was held. Property owner Jesse Micine said the property has been in his family for generations and formerly was the site of the family business. It is now vacant, and he and his wife would like to build a home on the property, if the rezoning was approved.
No one spoke against the rezoning during the public hearing.
City Council also approved an ordinance to amend the appropriations for the current expenses of the city for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, as well as an ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a letter of agreement with the state Auditor’s Office to provide auditing services to the city.
In other business, Council:
- heard a first reading of a resolution urging Ohio voters to support State Issue No. 1 on the May 6 ballot. It is a renewal of the State Capital Improvements Program. If the renewal passes, Norton would be eligible to receive money from this program, according to city officials; and
- heard a first reading on an ordinance to amend certain sections of Chapter 856 of the Codified Ordinances in regards to skill-based amusement arcades.
Council next will meet for a work session April 7 and for its regular meeting April 14, both at 7 p.m., in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017