Council OKs rezoning on South Cleveland-Massillon Road
Norton City Council members unanimously approved an ordinance to rezone property located on South Cleveland-Massillon Road at the March 24 meeting.
The property, which was zoned I-1 (Light Industrial), will now become a R-1 (Residential).
Before voting on the ordinance, a public hearing was held. Property owner Jesse Micine said the property has been in his family for generations and formerly was the site of the family business. It is now vacant, and he and his wife would like to build a home on the property, if the rezoning was approved.
No one spoke against the rezoning during the public hearing.
City Council also approved an ordinance to amend the appropriations for the current expenses of the city for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, as well as an ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a letter of agreement with the state Auditor’s Office to provide auditing services to the city.
In other business, Council:
- heard a first reading of a resolution urging Ohio voters to support State Issue No. 1 on the May 6 ballot. It is a renewal of the State Capital Improvements Program. If the renewal passes, Norton would be eligible to receive money from this program, according to city officials; and
- heard a first reading on an ordinance to amend certain sections of Chapter 856 of the Codified Ordinances in regards to skill-based amusement arcades.
Council next will meet for a work session April 7 and for its regular meeting April 14, both at 7 p.m., in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014