Council OKs rezoning on South Cleveland-Massillon Road
Norton City Council members unanimously approved an ordinance to rezone property located on South Cleveland-Massillon Road at the March 24 meeting.
The property, which was zoned I-1 (Light Industrial), will now become a R-1 (Residential).
Before voting on the ordinance, a public hearing was held. Property owner Jesse Micine said the property has been in his family for generations and formerly was the site of the family business. It is now vacant, and he and his wife would like to build a home on the property, if the rezoning was approved.
No one spoke against the rezoning during the public hearing.
City Council also approved an ordinance to amend the appropriations for the current expenses of the city for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, as well as an ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a letter of agreement with the state Auditor’s Office to provide auditing services to the city.
In other business, Council:
- heard a first reading of a resolution urging Ohio voters to support State Issue No. 1 on the May 6 ballot. It is a renewal of the State Capital Improvements Program. If the renewal passes, Norton would be eligible to receive money from this program, according to city officials; and
- heard a first reading on an ordinance to amend certain sections of Chapter 856 of the Codified Ordinances in regards to skill-based amusement arcades.
Council next will meet for a work session April 7 and for its regular meeting April 14, both at 7 p.m., in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
- Green honors fire captain for state award
- Springfield district hosts Halloween event
- Springfield sewer project starting soon
- Financial Planning Commission gets committee reports
- Green High School auditorium receiving sound upgrade
- South Side News & Notes
- New Franklin Council OKs raise for finance director
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016