Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
SHARON — The Sharon Center Post Office, located at 1332 Sharon-Copley Road, will host a Passport Fair Feb. 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
According to post office officials, the event will offer expanded passport acceptance hours, with extra staffing on hand to assist customers. Officials stated appointments are not needed for this event, and passport photo service will be available.
In addition, officials offered the following guidelines:
- Download and complete a passport application at www.travel.state.gov and bring all six pages to the event;
- bring proof of U.S. citizenship (as shown on the application DS-11) and a photocopy to submit the documentation;
- bring proof of identity, which can include a recently issued U.S. passport; recently issued naturalization certificate; recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government identification or military photo identification;
- bring a photocopy of proof of identity, including the front and back of the identification to be presented at the time of passport acceptance;
- bring a recent passport photograph measuring 2 inches by 2 inches;
Postal Service officials added all applicants for a passport must appear in person, including minors under age 16, who must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization (DS form 3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of a driver’s license from the absent parent is required.
The U.S. State Department provides detailed guidelines for preparing passport applications and supporting documents, as well as current processing times on the above website, said officials.
For details, call the Sharon Post Office at 330-239-1081.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017