St. Sebastian’s ‘Spectacular’ helps fund school programs
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School|
The evening also provided a chance for the parish to honor two special guests, Paul Hummel Jr. and Barbara Sheeks, for their years of dedication and service to the school and parish, according to school officials. Shown above, Hummel celebrates with his wife, Patty, and their children.
The 10th annual event saw record attendance and raised more money than in previous years, according to St. Sebastian officials. Guests had the opportunity to bid on sports tickets, classroom projects, spa packages, restaurant certificates and other items during the silent auction. The live auction included a trip to the Indianapolis 500, a South African safari, a Mexican get-away and a private train car on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad’s The Polar Express event. The winning raffle ticket gave the winner free tuition for one student for the following year.
All the money raised at the September Spectacular will be used for tuition reduction, school upgrades and the purchase of additional iPads for students, according to school officials.
More Education News
- Copley-Fairlawn board approves contract for vestibule project
- APS board hears presentation clarifying graduation requirements
- Stark State installs sign at new site
- Sabitsch recognized at Revere board meeting
- Woodridge school board agrees to waive pay-to-participate fees
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Green BOE approves personnel matters
- South Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017