Elms welcomes international teacher scholars
|Photo courtesy of Our Lady of the Elms|
Teachers from Senegal, India, Brazil, Egypt, Ghana, Morroco and Indonesia presented lessons on their countries’ traditions, culture and educational systems. Students had the opportunity to interact and ask questions of the presenters.
“I liked learning their perspective on America, and it confirmed my interest in pursuing global affairs and international studies,” said Elms sophomore Abagail Collins.
This is the second year that the Kent State students have visited Our Lady of the Elms. Both institutions plan to continue this partnership.
“This aligns perfectly with our Globalization Initiative,” said Ruth Friedman, chief academic officer at Our Lady of the Elms. “Many of the scholars indicated that their experience at the Elms was as rewarding for them as it was for our girls.”
Shown above, from, left are: (back row) Panachickal Thomas, from India; Ernest Gyimah, from Ghana; Taoufik Chaik, from Morocco; Jil Lahallo, from Indonesia; Abdoulaye Fall, from Senegal; Adji Salimata, from Senegal; Francisli Galdime, from Brazil; (middle row) Magda Elsherbiny, from Egypt; Mizy Faris, from Egypt; Siti Asniatih, from Indonesia; Sylvester Opoku, from Ghana; Bobby Jose, from Egypt; Friedman; (front row) Claudia Santo, from Brazil; Youssef Elboutaibi, from Morocco; and Riyas P.T., from India.
More Education News
- Firestone’s International Baccalaureate program enters 20th year
- Teacher granted second leave to serve as OEA president
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club makes scholarship awards
- Norton district voters to see levy on November ballot
- West Side Education News & Notes
- BVS awards students with scholarships
- Students enjoy outdoor program
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016