Elms welcomes international teacher scholars
|Photo courtesy of Our Lady of the Elms|
Teachers from Senegal, India, Brazil, Egypt, Ghana, Morroco and Indonesia presented lessons on their countries’ traditions, culture and educational systems. Students had the opportunity to interact and ask questions of the presenters.
“I liked learning their perspective on America, and it confirmed my interest in pursuing global affairs and international studies,” said Elms sophomore Abagail Collins.
This is the second year that the Kent State students have visited Our Lady of the Elms. Both institutions plan to continue this partnership.
“This aligns perfectly with our Globalization Initiative,” said Ruth Friedman, chief academic officer at Our Lady of the Elms. “Many of the scholars indicated that their experience at the Elms was as rewarding for them as it was for our girls.”
Shown above, from, left are: (back row) Panachickal Thomas, from India; Ernest Gyimah, from Ghana; Taoufik Chaik, from Morocco; Jil Lahallo, from Indonesia; Abdoulaye Fall, from Senegal; Adji Salimata, from Senegal; Francisli Galdime, from Brazil; (middle row) Magda Elsherbiny, from Egypt; Mizy Faris, from Egypt; Siti Asniatih, from Indonesia; Sylvester Opoku, from Ghana; Bobby Jose, from Egypt; Friedman; (front row) Claudia Santo, from Brazil; Youssef Elboutaibi, from Morocco; and Riyas P.T., from India.
More Education News
- APS instructor wins national award
- Two educational assistants added at Norton Primary
- Elms hosts neuroscience professor for student seminar
- Highland teachers, student recognized for outdoor education efforts
- West Side Education News & Notes
- Woodridge High School music students perform at Disney World
- NEOMED students offer hands-on learning
- Manchester taking steps for levies in May
- Springfield district working to help students improve
- Girls of Green collects items to benefit mothers in need
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014