Communities set trick-or-treat times, offer Halloween events - SSNL
|Police and fire services were represented at last year’s Lakemore Village Halloween party by then-3-year-old Ashton Oliver, below, and then-20-month-old Jeff Wittman, above.|
|Photos: Emily Chesnic|
Local communities have designated specific nights for trick-or-treating and have increased law enforcement during these times to ensure the safety of children walking through their neighborhoods. Homeowners choosing to take part in trick-or-treating are asked to leave a porch light on.
The following is a list of designated nights and times for trick-or-treating in the South Side News Leader coverage area, along with other planned events:
• Coventry: Trick-or-treating will take place Oct. 31 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• Green: Beggars’ Night will be Oct. 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. Also, haunted hayrides will be offered Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 22 through Oct. 30, at Southgate Park. Sponsored by the city of Green Parks and Recreation Division and Camp Y-Noah, the event includes a family-friendly, nonscary ride from 7 to 8 p.m. and rides for older children and adults from 8 to 10 p.m. The cost is $1 for children ages 5 and younger and $6 for all others if tickets are purchased prior to the event at city offices or any YMCA facility. The cost is $10 at the door. Proceeds from the Haunted Hayride will benefit the YMCA’s Partners With Youth program.
• Lakemore: Trick-or-treating is scheduled for Oct. 30 from 5 to 7 p.m. Also on that day, the Lakemore Fire Department will offer a free pancake breakfast from 9 a.m. to noon, followed by the village-sponsored Halloween party starting at noon at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main St., with a costume contest for children in different age groups.
• New Franklin: Most neighborhoods in the community will present trick-or-treating Oct. 30 from 5 to 7 p.m. Turkeyfoot Lake Estates and Tweed Lake Estates allotments will hand out treats from 6 to 8 p.m. on the same day.
• Norton: Trick-or-treat will take place Oct. 30 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Springfield: Beggars’ Night will be Oct. 30 from 5 to 7 p.m.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015