Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Holiday comedy on stage at Weathervane Playhouse
- Scrooge comes to life in Magical Theatre’s ‘Christmas Carol’
- Summit County Historical Society names curator
- Falls bicentennial book earns honors
- Copley Royalty Court thanks Copley firefighters
- Children’s author visits St. Hilary School
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Norton Historical Society celebrates Christmas past
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014
- Highland Book Club: “All Creatures Great and Small” by James Herriot - 12/18/2014