Hope Walk helps raise funds for free cancer support
|Photo courtesy of Stewart’s Caring Place: Cancer Wellness Center|
The Hope Walk is a 2.3-mile walk starting and ending at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center in Bicentennial Park, 3486 S. Smith Road. Registration will begin at 8 a.m., with the walk starting at 9:15 a.m. Interested walkers can register online at www.StewartsCaringPlace.org for $15 or on walk day for $20.
“I have yet to meet someone whose life has not been touched in some way by cancer,” said Elizabeth Banasiak, SCP Hope Walk Chair. “The Hope Walk is a fundraiser and celebration that rallies in support of the courageous people battling this disease. Cancer is a family disease, and the Hope Walk brings togetherness, support and love. It’s truly inspiring.
“All money raised from the Hope Walk helps Stewart’s Caring Place to continue offering free services to cancer patients and their families, before, during and after treatment,” she added. “The need for these services grows every day. This event helps us to make sure there is a place to turn.”
Dr. Terry Gordon is the honorary chair this year and will share his cancer journey. Sue Wilson and Tim Daugherty, from Rubber City Radio Group, will emcee the event. Music, face-painting and other family activities will be available.
Premier sponsors for the event include A. Schulman Inc., Cleveland Indians, Mirman Construction and Primerica: Meinen and Associates.
For additional information, contact Banasiak at 330-836-1772 or Elizabeth@StewartsCaringPlace.org.
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festival’s show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Founders’ Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 4/26/2017
- Pilates - 4/26/2017
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017