Hope Walk helps raise funds for free cancer support
|Photo courtesy of Stewart’s Caring Place: Cancer Wellness Center|
The Hope Walk is a 2.3-mile walk starting and ending at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center in Bicentennial Park, 3486 S. Smith Road. Registration will begin at 8 a.m., with the walk starting at 9:15 a.m. Interested walkers can register online at www.StewartsCaringPlace.org for $15 or on walk day for $20.
“I have yet to meet someone whose life has not been touched in some way by cancer,” said Elizabeth Banasiak, SCP Hope Walk Chair. “The Hope Walk is a fundraiser and celebration that rallies in support of the courageous people battling this disease. Cancer is a family disease, and the Hope Walk brings togetherness, support and love. It’s truly inspiring.
“All money raised from the Hope Walk helps Stewart’s Caring Place to continue offering free services to cancer patients and their families, before, during and after treatment,” she added. “The need for these services grows every day. This event helps us to make sure there is a place to turn.”
Dr. Terry Gordon is the honorary chair this year and will share his cancer journey. Sue Wilson and Tim Daugherty, from Rubber City Radio Group, will emcee the event. Music, face-painting and other family activities will be available.
Premier sponsors for the event include A. Schulman Inc., Cleveland Indians, Mirman Construction and Primerica: Meinen and Associates.
For additional information, contact Banasiak at 330-836-1772 or Elizabeth@StewartsCaringPlace.org.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Peter White Christmas Show with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 11/29/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 11/29/2015
- Front Yard Birding - 11/29/2015
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015