Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
Shown at right, from left, are Roy and Riley Snell sitting with the Easter Bunny during the event.
According to Lisa Thompson, special events and program coordinator for the Autism Society, the mall can be overwhelming for children with autism. For this event, the mall was closed and parents and children were able to enjoy a fun morning that included a photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny, crafts and games, a visit with Jungle Bob and a sensory story time experience hosted by the Akron-Summit County Public Library.
The Autism Society of Greater Akron also works with Summit Mall to host a Caring Santa. Both events are offered at no cost to families.
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festivalís show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Foundersí Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 4/26/2017
- Pilates - 4/26/2017
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017