Communities set trick-or-treat times, offer events for Halloween - WSL
|Richfield’s seventh annual Haunted Rec Center will take place Oct. 22-24 at the Richfield Recreation Center. Shown above is the display created for this year’s Halloween event. Call (330) 659-5818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.|
|Photo: Ken Crisafi|
Local communities have designated specific nights for trick-or-treating and have increased law enforcement during these times to ensure the safety of children walking through their neighborhoods. Homeowners choosing to take part in trick-or-treating are asked to leave a porch light on.
The following is a list of designated nights and times for trick-or-treating in the West Side Leader coverage area, along with other planned events:
• Akron: Most neighborhoods will host Beggars’ Night Oct. 31 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Bath: Beggars’ night will take place Nov. 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. From 6 to 8 p.m., the Bath Fire Department’s annual Halloween Party will take place at the department, located at 3864 W. Bath Road. For more information, call (330) 666-4007.
• Boston/Peninsula: Trick-or-treating will be Oct. 31 from 6 to 7:30 p.m., and a party at Woodridge Intermediate School, 1930 Bronson Ave., will follow from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Copley: Communitywide trick-or-treating will take place Nov. 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. Also planned is Halloween in the Park, sponsored by the Copley Police Department, Oct. 31 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at Copley Community Park, 3232 Copley Road. The event will include free trick-or-treat bags, glow sticks and pumpkins while supplies last. Hay rides, games, hot cider and doughnuts and a trick-or-treat “trail” for children age 10 and younger also will be available. If it rains, the events will move to the Copley Community Center, 1278 Sunset Drive.
• Cuyahoga Falls: Beggars’ Night will take place Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. The Cuyahoga Falls Parks and Recreation Department is sponsoring a free community Halloween Party, Halloween Spooktacular, that afternoon from 2 to 4 at Falls River Square. The event, also sponsored by the Rubber City Kennel Club, will include: the Classic Car Trunk or Treat, sponsored by Don Sitts Auto; a Best-Carved Pumpkin Contest; and a costume contest for children up to 10 years old. Contestants should be seated in the amphitheater by 2:15 p.m. Also, the purchase of a $5 activity stamp will include a special Halloween treat bag and unlimited admission to the petting zoo, inflatables and hayrides. Refreshments will be available for purchase.
• Fairlawn: Trick-or treating will take place Nov. 1 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Granger: Beggars’ Night will be Oct. 31 from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Norton: Citywide trick-or-treating will take place Oct. 31 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Richfield: Trick-or-treating for the village and township will take place Oct. 31. Halloween festivities will begin with a parade at 5:30 p.m. at the corner of state Route 303 and Broadview Road and will proceed to the fire station behind the old Town Hall, 4410 W. Streetsboro Road. Any children interested in participating in the parade should wear a costume. Then neighborhood trick-or-treating will take place from 6 to 8 p.m.
Also, the Village Recreation Department is putting on its annual Haunted Recreation Center Oct. 22 from 6 to 9 p.m. and Oct. 23-24 from 6 to 10 p.m. at the center, 3333 Brecksville Road. The Haunted Rec Center includes a haunted wedding, laboratory, prison and forest, among other indoor displays. The “scare” is adjusted to the age of the visitors. Admission is $5.
• Sharon: Trick-or-treating will be Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/22/2015
- Lil’ Sprouts - 5/22/2015
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 5/22/2015
- Ron Kalinoski on “How to Grind Your Own Telescope Mirror”: Astronomy Club of Akron - 5/22/2015
- Wanted with Rock Brigade - 5/22/2015