Dayton Nursery presenting gardening seminars
NORTON — Dayton Nursery, 3459 Cleveland-Massillon Road, will present the following seminars, which will begin at 11 a.m. and usually last about two hours.
The cost is $10, or $6 for garden club members. Dayton will provide coffee, tea and a light lunch at no additional cost. Seating is limited to 70.
To sign up, call 330-825-3320 or email info@dayton nursery.com.
- “Troubleshooting in the Landscape and Lawn: Preventing Problems Before They Start,” with speaker Thomas Dayton, Feb. 1. Participants will learn skills to troubleshoot and cure the most common gardening ailments for Northeast Ohio. This session also will include a top 10 list of the most common mistakes in gardening.
- “Gardening With Tropical Plants,” with speaker Cynthia Drukenbrod, of the Cleveland Botanical Garden, Feb. 8. Participants will learn how to best sow tropical plants in the summer with colorful and impactful container combinations.
- “Sensory Gardening,” with speaker Michelle Riley, of All About You Landscape Design, Feb. 15. Participants will discover interesting plants to touch, the most fragrant selections, hardy color displays and edibles surrounded by the sounds and music of nature. This seminar will include a special bonus slide show of the most outstanding fall color of 2013.
- “The Birds, the Bees and Everything in Between,” with speaker Carol Zeh, Feb. 22. Zeh, a local Audubon Society member and Metro Parks volunteer, will discuss the scope of local birds, seed mixes to use to attract different species, as well as types of bird feeders and where to plant them in the landscape. She will also touch on the best plants that serve as food sources, nesting areas and protection. She also will raise awareness on the recent reduction of bees and how to use bee-friendly gardening practices to help prevent further loss.
- “The Miniature World of Fairy Gardening,” with speaker Jill Manda, of Manda’s Plant Farm, March 1. Manda will teach participants to build miniature landscapes using small-scale plants and accessories to attract elusive fairies and bring a sense of magic and whimsy to a home and garden.
- “Sneak Peak — What’s New for 2014?,” with speakers Karen Martin and Dayton, March 8. Participants will see the newest introductions in trees, shrubs, evergreens, perennials, vines and annuals. A slide show will include photos, plant information and care tips.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- Kulas Concert Series: Zahari Metchkov and Joachim Reinhuber - 10/4/2015
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s to benefit Alzheimer’s Association - 10/4/2015
- Walk for Babies to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital - 10/4/2015
- Dixieland Jazz Concert and Jam - 10/4/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 10/4/2015