Graf Growers presenting Saturday garden seminar series
COPLEY — Graf Growers will present a series of garden seminars on Saturday mornings. Each week a different gardening topic will be covered and presented by a garden industry professional. Seminars will take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Graf Growers, 1015 White Pond Drive. Coffee and light refreshments will be available at 9:30 a.m., along with the chance to network with other local gardeners.
All seminars cost $12. Preregistration is encouraged because of limited seating, but walk-ins are welcome as seating allows. For more information and to register, visit www.grafgrowers.com or call 330-836-2727.
The following is a list of dates, speakers and a short description of each seminar:
- “Jumpstart Your Thinking and Create Your Garden Bucket List,” with speaker Lisa Graf, partner at Graf Growers Garden Center, Jan. 25. This seminar will provide inspiration and tools to help get started on creating dream garden projects. Graf will share her garden bucket list experiences that she has had so far in her career while exploring new ideas for participants of all levels.
- “Flowering Shrubs for Every Season,” with speaker Danny Gouge, marketing manager at Willoway Nurseries, Feb. 1. Gouge will present new introductions, highlights and trends for David Austin roses, Drift roses, Endless Summer hydrangeas, Knock Out roses, Proven Winners, Raymond Envison premium clematis, American beauties and more. In addition to his more than 30 years in the field of horticulture, Gouge’s other interests include photography, as well as writing and giving lectures as a member of the Garden Writers Association.
- “Embellishing the Garden: Adding the Frills and Thrills,” with speaker Debra Knapke, published garden and perennial author, Feb. 8. Knapke will combine her extensive horticulture background and her design sense to help participants make their gardens a true work of art.
- “Cool Perennials for Trouble Spaces and Color Spots,” with speaker Laura Kaufman, perennial and nursery manager at Graf Growers Garden Center, Feb. 15. This presentation will introduce participants to perennials for frustrating growing conditions and provide tips for combining them with perennials that bring color and drama to a garden each season. Kaufman has more than 25 years of horticulture experience.
- “Gardening in Containers for All Seasons,” with speaker Bob Rensel, manager of horticulture at Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Feb. 22. Rensel, who designs and creates the container gardens at the Botanical Gardens, will cover the nuts and bolts of how to successfully grow plants in containers. He’ll also do a review of plants that do well in containers, as well as cover design and plant combination considerations for patios and yards and how to create displays and containers for all four seasons.
More Real Estate News
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 7/27/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Moises Borges Brazilian Jazz Band - 7/27/2016
- The Pop Tarts - 7/27/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden - 7/27/2016
- Yoga for Kids: ages 4-7 - 7/27/2016