STVM girls cross country team celebrates fifth state title
|Photo courtesy of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School|
According to STVM officials, Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) officials stated the team was the first girls team in Ohio to win five consecutive championships in the history of OHSAA.
According to STVM officials, in 2011, OHSAA officials announced STVM was the first high school to send a boys and a girls team to the state championships, with each member of those teams receiving Academic All-Ohio awards. The girls team repeated that same accomplishment in 2012 and 2013, according to STVM officials. To receive this award, an athlete must qualify to compete at state and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.5.
The team is coached by Dan Lancianese.
Shown above, from middle left, on the platform at state are members of the girls team: Mia Brady, Gracie Davis, Cynthia Haas, Julia Mendiola, Shea O’Brien, Rachel Iacofano, and Gina Neugebauer. Coaches are shown on either side of the student athletes.
More Sports News
- Hits give RubberDucks opening day victory
- Revere boys tennis team working toward league title this season
- West Side Cause for Celebration - Sports
- Upperclassmen leading Highland boys tennis team to success
- West Side Scoreboard
- Green boys track team looking for young athletes to step up
- Newcomers to Manchester boys tennis team working to improve
- South Side Scoreboard
Calendar of Events
- Figure Drawing and Painting with Model - 4/21/2015
- Teen Program: You’re a Poet and You Didn’t Know It - 4/22/2015
- Steve Cipriano - 4/22/2015
- University of Akron Concert Band - 4/22/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 4/22/2015