Norton, Manchester wrestlers win titles at Dies Tournament
While Brecksville High School won first overall, Norton High School’s Sean Rutherford took first in the 220-pound weight class.
Overall, Norton High School finished in 11th place, with a fifth-place finish by Nick Farmer (132 pounds) and seventh-place finishes by John Glas (285 pounds) and Mike Dyer (170 pounds).
Farmer is shown at right top, at right, as Canfield High School’s Stephan Daprile reaches for his leg.
Manchester High School’s Jacob Hanzel won the 285-pound title. Hanzel is shown below, at right, wrestling Firestone’s Jovahn Fair.
Overall, Manchester finished in 13th place. Manchester’s Joey Bowen placed third in 106 pounds and fellow Panther Drew Brasiel placed sixth in 160 pounds.
Brasiel is shown above, at right, pinning Elyria High School’s Taylor Workman.
Coventry overall finished in seventh place and was led by Zach Lake, who placed third in 145 pounds. Other strong finishers included fellow Comets Austin Shields (132 pounds), fourth; Tucker Pearce (113 pounds), eighth; and Chris Cook (170 pounds), eighth.
Shown at right bottom is a match between Coventry’s Randy Brady, on top, and Green High School’s Max Riffle in the 182-weight class.
Green placed 27th overall, and Bulldogs who placed in the top 10 included Ryan Kaminski (138 pounds), fifth; Noah Schaub (120 pounds), sixth; and Kyle Higley (145 pounds), eighth.
Archbishop Hoban High School’s Lukus Stricker placed seventh in 106 pounds. Hoban placed 38th overall.
For complete results, visit www.billdies.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
More Sports News
- Area residents take part in Girls on the Run 5K
- Thanks4Giving football game featuring local players
- Deck the Falls runs supporting Cuyahoga Falls Shop With a Cop program
- Walsh girls soccer team claims state championship
- St. Hilary School team receives sportsmanship award
- Revere U11 team wins tournament
- Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk scheduled for Nov. 27
- Manchester alumnus inducted into M Club
- New run supporting Life Is Good No Matter What foundation
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014