Hoban ends boys basketball season as district runner-up
The final score of the game, played at Copley High School, was 55-52.
The Knights finished the season with a 22-3 record.
High scorer for the Knights that evening was Garrett Houser (No. 1) with 19 points, followed by Brian Cuppett (No. 21) with 10.
Shown at right top is Houser, at right, making a break for the basket while Medina’s Colin Szumski (No. 20), at center, tries to stop him.
Going into the fourth quarter, the Knights led 38-31.
Houser is also shown at right bottom, at right, attempting to block Medina’s Luke Schaefer (No. 22), at center, from adding two points for his team. Schaefer led the game with 30 points, more than half of those scored in the final quarter.
Shown above is Knight Collen Gurley (No. 2), at center, taking a layup while Medina’s Tyler Kaminski (No. 43), on left, defends.
Hoban’s Matt Salopek (No. 5) is shown below in the air while being defended by Medina’s Samuel McKee (No. 34).
The win for the Bees means they will face Jackson High School today, March 16, in a regional semifinal game.
— By Ariel Hakim
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Sports News
- Frustration turns to exhilaration as Tribe wins home opener
- Seniors looking to create history for Firestone boys track team
- Firestone girls track team aiming for City Series title
- Rubber City Games beginning in May
- Green boys tennis coach pleased with teamís progress
- Green boys lacrosse planning on successful season
Calendar of Events
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017
- GriefCare Place - 4/27/2017
- History of Gorge Metro Park - 4/27/2017
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 4/27/2017
- Rock-a-Bye Tales: 6 to 24 months - 4/27/2017